The Seattle International Comedy Competition is an annual, multi-week, judged, stand-up comedy contest. Over thirty comedians, out of hundreds who apply, perform in shows held in comedy clubs, bars, restaurants, casinos and theaters in and around the Seattle and the Pacific Northwest throughout the month of November.
Contestants perform 3-7 minute long sets in one of two preliminary weeks, consisting of six shows in six venues over six nights. The top five from each preliminary week will meet in the semi-finals week, which requires them to perform 8-12 minute long sets for another six shows. The top five from the semi-finals move on to the finals. In the finals, they will perform 15-20 minute long sets in five more shows…and, a winner is crowned.
This is a judged contest. Each contestant will perform for a unique group of judges for every show they do. Judges score each contestant in seven categories.
The Seattle International Comedy Competition shares the same basic format and structure as the San Francisco Comedy Competition—and both competitions share the same Executive Producer, Jon Fox.
- Where we are right now! http://t.co/9bJ9FgPF5 months ago
- "right by the gum wall" Where's the show tonight? http://t.co/fxgXX6Ex6 months ago
- Great crowd at @unexpectedImpro! Turning into late-night comedy.6 months ago
- RT @boonehole: Good thing there's an extensive wine list at Olive Garden, it's hard to know offhand which pairs best with deep fried las ...6 months ago
- RT @pedjabajovic: Za (još uvikek) neupućene u to kamo sam se i zašto uputio... Hvala na objavi drumtidam - ritam života! http://t.co/bc8 ...6 months ago
Next GigSorry, there aren’t any upcoming shows right now. Check back soon!